Wallwork Cambridge ltd via their aerospace centre in Cambridge offer the latest NADCAP approved Nitron flight coatings. The high performance physical vapour deposition (PVD) coatings can be developed specifically for a manufactures requirements in order to overcome problems such as weight or tip erosion, or enhance the performance of a particular component such as to aid the reduction of specific fuel consumption (SFC). On a number of mission critical parts it is possible to use one of Wallwork Cambridge's off the shelf coating packages which can be added with little development, reducing the overall cost to the end user, coatings such as Nitron Flight A, B & CA are examples of in use coatings and help manufactures and end users to,
- Reduce life cost ownership
- Increase aircraft and mission availability
- Become more environmentally friendly in an era of ever increasing aviation fuel.
- Specific Fuel Consumption (SFC) reduction between 0.7-1.5%
- Reduced CO2 emissions
- Longer on wing service life
- Enable weight saving combinations of material, i.e. titanium to replace steel.
Nitron Flight A gives between 2.7 and 8.7 times erosion protection over the life of the test compared to uncoated inconel.
Nitron Flight B gives between 1.4 and 2.7 times erosion protection at significant higher operation temperatures
Nitron CA up to 33 times improved life on specific components.
Nitron O see case study
Nitron Flight Brochure
- Compressor blades
- Actuation components
- Control arms
- Fuel systems
- Valve components
- Landing gear